Rationalizing energy consumption
The rationalization of consumption means to make the public aware of the importance of the economy in spending or consumption, and rationalization of consumption is required in all resources available to human beings, the most important of which are energy sources. Human motivations vary to rationalize energy consumption, some seek to save money, and some see the rationalization of energy consumption as the least that can be provided to preserve the environment and reduce greenhouse gases that result from increased energy consumption. Energy consumption can be easily rationalized in its various forms, such as electricity, gas, car fuel, etc., and all we need to make some adjustments in our daily behavior, adjustments that may seem simple but will certainly make a difference.
Rationalizing the consumption of electricity used for lighting
The electrical power used for lighting can be rationalized by following the following recommendations:
- Use low lighting while watching tv, to rationalize electricity consumption on the one hand, and to reduce the harmful luster of the eye on the other.
- Refrain from lighting fences and gardens, or use lamps that can adjust their working time so that they stop working automatically at sunrise.
- Clean the light bulbs from the accumulated dust that obscures the light, reducing the lighting by almost half.
- Turning off light bulbs in unused rooms.
- Replace incandescent lamps with energy-saving lamps such as fluorescent lamps.
- Turn off the lights and electrical appliances before leaving the house.
- Choose light colors for furniture and paint walls because they reflect the light, while the dark colors are absorbed.
- Make as much use of sunlight as possible in lighting the house during the day.
- Replace small lamps with one large lamp.
Rationalizing the consumption of electricity used to power electrical appliances
The consumption of electricity used to operate electrical appliances can be rationalized by following the following advice:
- Assemble and wash laundry on a specific day, and avoid running the washing machine to wash one or two pieces of clothing.
- Avoid opening the refrigerator repeatedly, as this leads to cold air coming out and increasing electricity consumption to cool it again.
- Spread the washing in the fresh air, and take advantage of the summer sun to dry the laundry instead of using an electric washing dryer.
- Turn off the tv instead of using a silencer in case there is no desire to follow a specific program, thereby reducing electricity consumption and extending the life of the device.
- The routine maintenance of electrical appliances to prolong their life and to rationalize their electricity consumption.
- Reduce the use of electric heaters and get drinking water from the shaman heater.
- Increase the efficiency of the refrigerator in breeding and reduce its electricity consumption, which is confirmed by the validity of the rubber leak barriers that surround the refrigerator door, close the waste openings if any, and leave sufficient space between the refrigerator and the wall to rotate the air and cool the condenser.
- Assemble the clothes you need, iron them once a week, and choose the time so that it is out of the watch.
Rationalize energy consumption for refrigeration and heating
The energy consumption used to cool the house in the summer and warm it in winter can be rationalized by following the following recommendations:
- Set the temperature inside the house at 24°C in the summer and between (20-21° C) during the winter day, because increasing it further leads to an increase in fuel consumption by at least 5%.
- Close the beds in the summer to prevent the entry of sun rays during the operation of the mailing device, and to tighten the closure of the windows when the heater system is turned on in winter.
- Thermally insulating the house, by calibrating the windows, closing the windows and placing insulating materials such as silicon around the window frames, using double window glass, and replacing the broken glaze.
- The house is designed to fit the direction of the sun's rays, making the most of the sun's heat.
Rationalizing gas consumption
The use of cooking gas can be rationalized by following the following recommendations:
- Use the oven once to cook more than one item if possible.
- Use steamed cooking utensils to reduce cooking time.
- Avoid frequent opening of containers during cooking, and avoid opening the oven door unless necessary to ensure that the food is cooked faster.
- Use the right cook's eye for the size of the cooking pot.
- Extinguish the eyes of the cook when it is finished.
Rationalize the consumption of energy used for transport
Car fuel consumption can be rationalized by following the following recommendations:
- The speed set is set, as the best speed to reduce fuel consumption is 50 miles per hour, the faster the speed, the lower the fuel efficiency of the vehicle, and the preferred use of a speed-stabilizing system when driving on the fast road.
- Avoid irregular driving (violent driving); i.e. excessive speed and repeated braking because this reduces fuel efficiency by 15% - 30% on the fast track, and between 10% and 40% within cities.
- Avoid loading the car with non-necessary items; Large size.
- Avoid placing loads above the car's roof to avoid increased air resistance to the vehicle, as placing a large cargo box on the roof reduces fuel efficiency by 2% to 8% within cities, and between 6% and 17% on the fast track.
- Turn off the engine at full stop even for a little while to save the fuel consumed.
- Monitoring tire air pressure because tires that are not full of enough air reduce fuel efficiency.
- Periodic engine maintenance because the engine that works more efficiently consumes less fuel.
- Reduce reliance on the car, replace it with air patrols or walk if possible.