What are human resources
Human resources mean focusing on employee tasks by dividing the company according to a range of activities including training, hiring new staff, mentoring individuals, providing employee benefits, and defining HR as part of enterprise management, It is concerned with the management and training of staff as one of the most important business assets. Another definition of human resources is management that takes care of the people working for the company, so human resources are keen to follow the records of their appointment and the disbursement of their financial entitlements.
Key human resources functions
Human resources in various organizations and companies apply a range of functions:
- Take advantage of individuals through effective management.
- Providing compensation and incentives to competent staff by relying on the role of performance evaluation.
- Enhance organizational and individual performance by ensuring the development of staff competencies.
- Support creativity and innovation, which contributes to enhancing competitiveness.
- Implement ing planning that contributes to the development of employees in conjunction with a new approach to work design.
- Relying on technology by integrating it with the work environment to contribute to the development of training, recruitment, and communication with all employees.
Human resources goals
Human resources pursue goals that contribute to the development of the work environment, including:
- Training and development: the provision of human resources to achieve development through various organizations, which contributes to the identification of special needs in training within the facility, and human resources are concerned with the establishment and planning of staff training programs, and this leads to the provision of appropriate programs For special needs at the facility.
- Recruitment: The role of human resources in achieving the recruitment objectives of enterprises, as the Human Resources Division is keen to provide information about candidates about a job, and then make decisions about their employment, in order to fill the vacancies available in the establishment, as well as the resources Humanity attracts job seekers by relying on a range of means, such as the Internet, job fairs, and after employees have selected job interviews with them, in order to evaluate them before hiring them.
- Strengthening employee relationships: the role of human resources within employees' labour policies and laws, as the Human Resources Department seeks to strengthen the commitment of enterprises to special laws and regulations in employment, thereby contributing to maintaining the equitable distribution of opportunities among employees in a fair manner, Human resources are also interested in monitoring staff relationships so that many tasks are carried out, such as resolving existing conflicts, and ensuring that all employees have access to their rights.
- Providing assistance to employees: Human Resources is responsible for overseeing the implementation of employee assistance programs, and these programs contribute to helping employees to balance their normal and professional lives, and HR staff seek to implement savings programs and provide wages. Employee pension.
Human resources planning
Human resources planning is a process that contributes to ensuring that the right number of staff are available in the right place, at a time when they are needed, and that HR planning includes analysing the nature of available resources, making predictions for future needs, and making sure that investment is made. Suitable for human resources, ensuring a balance between the needs required and the supply of human resources.
The application of HR planning depends on the use of two types of data:
- External data: Data that is not related to the company, but specialized in the surrounding environment, the most important of which are:
- General economic conditions: The nature of the impact of inflation and deflation on human resource planning, it is natural that the company's production increases during the expansion period, leading to the need to hire new employees, but in the event of a contraction, companies will reduce the size of the employees, which in turn leads to Reduce costs.
- Technical development: the significant impact of technical developments on the quality and size of staff in the facilities, as a result of the reduction of staff numbers, due to the reliance on machines to perform jobs instead of them, and contributed to determining the nature of the required functional disciplines, especially after most of them depended on Computer use.
- Competition between companies: Employment policies in similar companies are both in the job area, as the employment policy of Company A may directly or indirectly affect the employment policy of the company (b) as a result of the possibility of a transition between the employees of the two companies.
- Internal data: Data that is concerned with the nature of the company's internal influences, the most important of which are:
- The company's plan: is the role of human resources in following the objectives and the company's plan during its period of operation, if the company seeks to expand its commercial or service operations or its field of work in general, this thing is concerned with the need to increase the size of employees, and vice versa if the company suffers from a contraction in the environment Work.
- Organizational structure developments: Human resources are interested in the nature of the added or current activities, which contributes to the study of changes in the quality, number of jobs within the company, and the nature of the need to hire new employees to work in the new departments.
- Organization within the company: is the nature of the regulatory system applied in the work environment, and depends on the choice between centralization and decentralization, specialization and non-specialization in various functions.
Human resource development
Human resources development is the means that contributes to the development of personal career skills of employees, or organizational skills of the company, as well as supporting the knowledge and functional potential of human resources, and the development of human resources seeks to support the prosperity of human capital, from During the development of the company in general, and then the development of everyone in it.